|Incomplete: This article is currently incomplete, including grammar mistakes, empty sections and unfinished sentences. Reader's discretion is advised. Please do not make random edits unless you have a primary resources from the source material.|
Yoruka Arc is the fifth story arc of Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut series. This arc focuses Yoruka Kirihime, a former assassin of the fallen Old Arcadia Empire whose plot is to destroy New Kingdom of Atismata while attempting to revive the old empire through former prince Lux, whose refusal eventually sparks their rivalry until her defeat. In the same time, this arc also featuring Hayes's and her associates' (including Yoruka, Saniya and Lagreed) infamous ploy inn destroying the New Kingdom of Atismata with her sinister plan, the "Empire Recapture Plan".
In one night, Lux is awaken from his slumber and he is surprised to see Yoruka laying on top of him while claiming him as her "master" she has yearned to meet for a long time. Before her departure, Yoruka promises Lux that she will retake Arcadia Empire by herself without failing, though their first meeting is unaware by anyone.
The Empire’s AssassinEdit
The following day, Lux confronts Lisha who at his bedside while telling him about his remodified Wyvern only for the two to be shocked to see Krulcifer also at Lux's bedside as well, leading to the two girls' argument over who shall taking care of Lux.
Night before the Overall Dragon CompetitionEdit
The Girls’ RecompenseEdit
The Fifth Artifact GigasEdit
The Fallen Prince's "Reward"Edit
The following aftermath of Empire Recapture Plan's failure, Lisha's name is clear whilst the invaders (Saniya, Lagreed and the rebels) are under arrest and brought into custody for questioning; Hayes' status and even whereabouts meanwhile remain unknown despite her defeat[Notes 1].
Ten days have passed since the aftermath, Lux and Airi are summoned to the government office in regards of his contribution in foiling Empire Recapture Plan. As his "congratulation" for Lux for his exceptional achievement, a high ranking official not only spares Reiri and dropping her "illegal" investigation onto Ries Island altogether, he also declares that the council will lessen Lux's punishment while recommending him joining the ranks of noble and becoming a Drag-Knight and one of Seven Dragon Paladins. To the shock of everyone however, Lux rejects his rewards because not only he is satisfied with Queen Raffi's amnesty and indebted to Lisha's kindness, he also preferring his current lifestyle and requests him to refrain anyone from calling him via anyone in the academy. Despite his displeasure, the high ranking official reluctantly agrees to Lux's term and the siblings leave the meeting.
Among the crowd, Dist remarking his "miscalculations" onto Lux after witnessing the fallen prince outmaneuvered the nobles to which Bugriser concludes that he saw through their malicious intent onto him, hence his refusal the acceptance to be free. As Dist proceeds mentioning that Lux made his statement through sheer intimidation instead of smooth talk, Zagha laughs it off as he views the Arcadia Empire's bloodline shall never be underestimated and even seeing him possessing the disposition as the "king"; making their manipulations onto him more difficult. Nevertheless, Dist sees Lux's capability is beyond his expectations so he will plotting to seek his cooperation again so they can save Atismata Kingdom from an unknown catastrophe.
The following night after his trip from the Government for three days, Lux immediately enter into his room that is modified and arranged by Relie and take a nap. To his surprise and embarrassment however, Yoruka appears in front of him as she not only welcoming his return, since she has nowhere to go, as her "pledge" of loyalty to Lux, she takes off her clothes and pinning Lux on his bed in her hopes of bearing his child as the next heir for his ideal kingdom. Surprisingly, the two are interrupted by Lisha who is shocked to see such scene and instead blaming Lux for having an indecent act with Yoruka.
The Untold Truth of Arcadia EmpireEdit
While Lux and his friends are having fun, Airi is shocked after she discovered some of the mysteries within the ancient documents they found from the Arc. These ancient documents, which Airi deciphered[Notes 2], not only it contain blueprints and information about everything-from Drag Rides to Ruins, Abyss and even Automation, it also includes a name list of the members of the Thirteen Generation Royal Arcadia Empire; with Hayes's name is among them as the as the Third Princess. Nevertheless, this strange yet ominous discovery [Notes 3] gives Airi an uneasy feeling as she is starting to question their own existence and purpose in the world.
Light Novel, Manga and Anime DifferencesEdit
- The 46th Chapter further extending the aftermath of Empire Recapture Plan.
- Lux and his friends are looking at the the ruins of the the city and going to clean the mess.
- Both Lux and Lisha visit a graveyard of the fallen until Airi reports the good news that Lisha's name is clear.
- While the Light Novel adaptation never explores Saniya's fate after her imprisonment, the manga edition further expanding Saniya's life where she is seen remorse and sad while calling Celes a naive fool, especially what she said to her after her defeat. Strangely, Lagreed and/or other Cerebus unit are never seen.
- Airi is accompanied by Noct during her discovery onto the artifact they found from the ruins.
- All 6 out of 7 members of the Seven Dragon Paladins are shown during the epilogue.
- Half of the battle during the Empire Recapture Plan is altered in the anime series' twelfth episode.
- Unlike his Light Novel counterpart where he also fought against Philuffy due to their bitter rivalry, Lagreed only fight against Lux instead.
- Instead of Lisha, Lux is the one to defeat and slay Hayes.
- As their victory for foiling the Empire Recapture Plan, Lisha ascends into the Kingdom's youngest ruler and Lux himself becomes a nobleman; even though the latter rejects his returning nobleman position from both the Light Novel and Manga.
- Since Lisha become the queen, Raffi's role is remained unclear.
- Fugil attending the banquet and (distantly) confronting Lux for the last time, foreshadowing their future rivalries in the later arcs (Light Novel only).
- Arcadia Siblings attendance to the hall for the praise from the council is omitted out from the anime.
- Aine's horrific discovery about the Royal Arcadia Empire via the ancient documents she found from the arc is omitted out from the anime.
- Yoruka Kirihime
- Hayes Vi Arcadia
- Saniya Lemiste
- Lagreed Fols
- Lux Arcadia
- Lisesharte Atismata
- Krulcifer Einfolk
- Celestia Ralgris
- Philuffy Aingram
- Airi Arcadia
- Fugil Arcadia (Anime Exclusive)
- Yoruka is introduced as a former assassin for the now fallen Arcadia Empire and she is notorious for her prowess even in her own home kingdom prior to Arcadia Empire's subjugation and eventually occupation onto the kingdom.
- Her past is revealed as her real real purpose for her "contract" with Arcadia Empire was for her (deceased) younger brother's sake[Notes 4].
- Additionally, in order to follow Lux's dream Yoruka begins her contract with Lux as his and his friend's protector especially aftr.
- This arc displays most female characters' (Lisha, Krulcifer, Philuffy and Celes) affections towards Lux as they make separated date with Lux within one day.
- The fifth annual New Foundation Day would be celebrated as Atismata Kingdom's fifth year anniversary of its foundation after the downfall of Arcadia Empire.
- Lux meets Atismata Kingdom's Great Nobles for the first time and he had to hold off the insurgent army from attacking Atismata Kingdom during the New Foundation Day. His success in foiling the Empire Recapture Plan prompting the Great Nobles view him more than useful for the New Kingdom's purposes, indicating the kingdom's suspicious conspiracy in the future arcs.
- Heiburg Republic's scheme on crushing Atismata Kingdom via Hayes' Empire Recapture Plot is ultimately ending in failure, courtesy to Lux and his friends, and its aftermath brings massive chains of events that will change their lives forever.
- While most of the selected members are retreating due to the aftermath, it still doesn't eases Atismata Kingdom's woe as other kingdoms may challenge it someway or another.
- Those who participated the Empire Recaptured Plan (notably Saniya, the Cerebus Unit, Lagreed and his fellow insurgent army) are arrested while Hayes's whereabouts are remains a mystery.
- Despite given a rare offer to become one of the Seven Dragon Paladins, Lux rejects it as his only wish is only live peacefully in Atismata New Kingdom like normal, without knowing that other Paladins have already making their move. That offer however ironically foreshadowing his future membership as the seventh and last member of the Seven Dragon Paladins.
- Airi makes her horrific discovery onto Arcadia Royal Family via ancient documents-especially Hayes' real status as one of former thirteen generation noble- may indicating the fallen empire might be much older than anyone could've guessed. In fact, this bizarre discovery further opting Airi to question their true identity which foreshadowing something bigger in the latter arcs.
(To be added...)