|Incomplete: This article is currently incomplete, including grammar mistakes, empty sections and unfinished sentences. Reader's discretion is advised. Please do not make random edits unless you have a primary resources from the source material.|
|Fallen Prince Arc|
|Location||Royal Knights Academy, New Kingdom|
|Light Novel Volumes|| |
Light Novel List
|Manga Chapters/Volumes|| |
Fallen Prince Arc is an introductory arc of Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut series. This arc primarily focuses onto Lux Arcadia, a former Seventh Prince from the Old Empire who enrolls into as Royal Knights Academy and one of New Kingdom's resident, as well his first meeting and friendship with Lisesharte Atismata, the New Kingdom's First Princess.
Arcadia Empire's DownfallEdit
Five years ago, Arcadia Empire was overthrown via coup d'etat led by Count Atismata and his allies. During the coup, a Bahamut rider annihilated Arcadia Empire's Royal Army effortlessly, further escalating Arcadia Empire's demise. Consequently, Atismata House took over the fallen kingdom and established a new reign known as the New Kingdom of Atismata. Lux, the (former) seventh prince of the now defunct Arcadia House and one of its few survivors, lived his life as the new kingdom's resident and had to work as a chore prince to repay his former family's debt.
The Intruder at MidnightEdit
Academy for Noble ChildrenEdit
Lux vs Lisha: The Battle Between Two NoblesEdit
The next day, a mock duel between Lisha and Lux is held in the Royal Officer Academy's School Coliseum. Before the duel, Lisha asks a nervous Lux numerous questions while mocks the fallen prince, of which Lux assumes if the princess intentionally trying to kill him. With their respective Drag-Ride are ready, the duel begins where Lisha firstly fires Tiamat's cannon shot at Lux, who later dodges while defending himself. Slightly impressed by his performances, Lisha demands Lux to unleash his true power via his black sword but Lux declinesand apologizes over the bathroom incident. Lisha however, deeming Lux "belittled" her, refuses to listen to Lux's apology and uses Tiamat's ultimate weapon-the "Seven-Headed" to summon all the Legions to attack Lux, forcing Lux to flee while deflect the Legions as much as possible.
On the audience stand, the Triad immediately regret as they witness the battle that gone rampant. Airi however tells Sharis not to worry as she remarks that while she did felt Lux should be responsible to the awkward situation, she views him as a nice person who is not eagerly to lose something set in his sight. Back to the duel, Lux continues to dodge and deflect all of Tiamat's Legions despite their simultaneous attacks, further frustrates Lisha as she resort to use Tiamat's Heavenly Voice to blow Lux and his Wyvern onto the ground, eventually pinning him. Before Lisha could deliver her final blow however, Tiamat is on its rampage where Legions fall onto the ground one by one but not even her Drag-Ride's near malfunction makes Lisha to admit defeat as she aims the Seven-headed cannon at Lux again. Their duel however is interrupted by an invading Abyss who wreck chaos by firing its light bullet at the crowd of audience the crowd, causing chaos among the School Coliseum.
During that very chaos, Lisa is caught into the confusion and just as she is nearly attacked by the Abyss's roar, Lux rescues her just in time while request her to stay down as he would try to distract the monster by himself. Lisha however finds Lux's bravery skeptical and claims that not even New Kingdom's elite knights manage to suppress it it, only to see Lux flies off to face the creature. Meanwhile, the Triads (Shalice and Tillfur) assists the evacuation while lament over the third years' late reinforcement. While being accompanied by Noct, Airi surveys the situation and remarks the knights candidates's inability to control the situation, of which Shalice agrees as she states that even the guards are ill-prepared to deal the situation. When Tillfur and Shalice worry that Lux might unable to overcome his odds against the monster, Airi ensures that her brother will not be defeated.
In the sky, Lux lures the Gargoyle to the School Coliseum's arc and struggles to fight the creature while defending the students' evacuation, only to be injured by the monster's attack. On the ground, Tiamat timely restores its power that gives Lisha, who somehow understands Lux's intention and strategy, utilizes the Seventh Head cannon to obliterate the monster for good. In the aftermath, Lisha exits Tiamat as she checks on an injured Lux who she remarks as a "fool" but admits her defeat and announces her messages to everyone who are still in the coliseum.
The Mark of the Old EmpireEdit
Reunion with a Childhood FriendEdit
The next day, Lux is (temporarily) introduced as the Royal Officer Academy's new student by Raigree Balheart the class instructor [Notes 1]. After the introduction, Lux proceed to find his seat while quickly become speechless as he hears his fellow students gossip about him. Coincidentally, Lux reunites with his childhood friend Philuffy Aingram[Notes 2] and sits besides her. When the class begin and Lux asks her for some notes however, Philphie repeatedly ignores Lux until he calls her childhood name which garners Philphie's attention, prompts the class to gossip and much to Lisha's dismay.
(To be added...)
Ateliers of Drag-Rides and Enrollment ExamsEdit
The Weakest Drag-KnightEdit
(To be added...)
Light Novel, Manga and Anime DifferencesEdit
(To be added...)
- Lux's hospitalization after his battle against Velvet was omitted out from the anime.
- Due to his absence in the anime series, Velvet was replaced by Lagreed as this arc's main antagonist.
- Lux Arcadia
- Lisesharte Atismata
- Airi Arcadia
- Krulcifer Einfolk
- Philuffy Aingram
- Velvet /Lagreed Fols (Anime Exclusive)
- Relie Aingram
- Raigree Balheart
- Many important characters are introduced in this arc, since it is the first, such as Lux, Lisha, Airi, Philphie ,Krulcifer, and the Triad.
- While the coup was originally plotted by Count Atismata to overthrow Arcadia Empire, it was ironically succeeded by Lux (involuntarily) and his half brother Fugil[Notes 3][Notes 4]despite neither Arcadia House members desired to rebuild the fallen kingdom from the aftermath.
- Lisha and Raffi are the only known surviving Atismata House members throughout Arcadia Empire's downfall.
- Even only mentioned in Lux's and Lisha's backstories in his quest for his ambiguous aim, Fugil would play a larger role in the series' future arcs.
- The dreams and nightmares Lux have were served as the backstories of Lux and other people around him before Arcadia Empire's downfall, which led to his reason to topple his own kingdom.
- Both Lux's and Lisha's backstories are displayed prior the events of Arcadia Empire's downfall: Lux participated the coup as the Black Hero, Lisha escaped from her torturers and confronted Fugil in the Royal Palace while witness the Bahamut's performance.[Notes 3]
- The Old Empire's insignia that marked on Lisha's bellow her belly was served as a reminder of Arcadia Empire's darkest attributes before its twilight days.
- While Relie's decision to take Lux as Royal Officer Academy's student met backlashes from Lisha and other female students, who scorned the fallen prince due to the bathroom incident, the latter changed their view upon Lux after the Abyss incident.
- Under Relie's and Lisha's recommendation, Lux is officially enrolled as the Royal Officer Academy's first and only male student.
- Still, there are some students such as Celestia(whose infamy for her "hatred" against men) and Saniya against Lux's enrollment in the academy to the point they want him out from the academy.
- Despite his smaller role, Velvet, one of few remaining Arcadia Empire's loyalist and a culprit behind the Abyss's attack onto the Royal Knight Academy, involved in a reconciliation between Luz and Lisha after he failed to assassinate Lisha. His defeat would not be the Old Empire's remnant force's last effort to restore its former glory, or other factions from another kingdoms'(such as Heiburg Republic) attempt to destroy the New Kingdom. 
- Lux's identity as the Black Hero is revealed to those who witnesses his battle against anyone who harm his friends as the series goes on. Of all witnesses however, only a few (such as Airi) know the hidden truth beneath Lux's involvement in inheriting the Bahamut.
- While it was her second time to see the Black Hero's battle prior the fall of Arcadia Empire, Lisha was the first person outside Arcadia House to realize Lux's identity. Despite the knowledge, she was one of few to conceal Lux's secret from public.
- Krulcifer firstly suspected Lux as the "rumored" Black Hero after seeing his Black Sword prior his arrest under Lisha's decree. This leads to her investigation by becoming Lux's one-day girlfriend in the following arc.
(To be added...)